Community Solar Installations
Many community not for profit organisations struggle with ongoing static operating costs such as electricity, so in 2017 SHASA joined forces with Micro Energy Systems Australia (MESA) to support these community not for profit organisations and help them transition to a clean energy future. The partnership between MESA and SHASA has resulted in many successful community solar installations through either:
- Fully gifting Photo Voltaic Solar systems free of charge to community not for profit organisations.
- Sourcing grants to support the installation of Photo Voltaic Solar systems to community not for profit organisations.
- Supporting community organisations to install Photo Voltaic Solar systems through our Eurobodalla Solar Bulk Buy program.
A summary of the community organisations in the Eurobodalla that we have partnered with thus far follows next.
- The Eurobodalla Solar Bulk Buy partnership between Micro Energy Systems Australia and SHASA has resulted in gifting the full funds to install solar on the following community facilities:
|Red Door Hall, Anglican Parish, Moruya||3.48kW PV Solar System||Nov 2018|
|Montys Place, Uniting Church of Australia, Narooma||5.4kW PV Solar System||April 2019|
|Moruya Bushfire and Heatwave Haven, Anglican Parish, Moruya||6.3kW PV Solar System with Battery Storage system & more!||Jan 2020|
|Bodalla Local Aboriginal Lands Council, Bodalla||6.3kW PV Solar System||May 2020|
|South East Women and Children’s Services (SEWACS), Moruya||6.3kW PV Solar System 3 phase||Nov 2020|
|New! Narooma Marine Rescue, Narooma||6.3kW PV Solar System with 6.3kWh battery storage||April 2021|
2. SHASA and MESA have assisted the following community groups to successfully apply for grant funding for solar installations on their community facilities:
|Batemans Bay Surf Life Saving Club in Malua Bay||12.82kW PV Solar System||Sept 2018|
|Rally for Recovery Tomakin||5.6kW PV Solar System||Sept 2018|
|Country Women’s Association Surf Beach Batemans Bay||5kW PV Solar System||Oct 2018|
|Narooma Men’s Shed, Narooma||9.45kW PV Solar System||Oct 2020|
|Bateman’s Bay Men’s Shed, Batemans Bay||9.8kW PV Solar System using micro inverters||Oct 2020|
|New! Moruya Pre School Kindergarten||10.36kW PV Solar System with 11.6kWh battery storage & more!||To be installed soon!||Grant approved April 2021|
3. The following organisations have installed solar as part of SHASA’s Eurobodalla Solar Bulk Buy:
|Gallery Bodalla||4.4kW PV Solar System||Oct 2017|
|Muddy Puddles, Catalina||36.4kW PV Solar System||May 2018|
|Narooma Sport & Game Fishing Club, Narooma||5.67kW PV Solar System||Oct 2019|
|Kyla Park Community Hall, Tuross Head||10.8kW PV Solar System||Oct 2019|
|1st Bateman’s Bay Scout Group, Bateman’s Bay||12.6kW PV Solar System with 6.3kW battery storage||Sept 2020|
In the pipeline…
- Art Central Eurobodalla
- Narooma Community Garden
Please contact us if your community group is interested in partnering with SHASA to apply for a grant to install solar for your facility. We look forward to supporting more community facilities across the Eurobodalla.