There is a global revolution underway as internal combustion engines cars are being replaced by electric cars. In the first quarter of the year in 2020 Tesla became the best selling car in California. Outselling both Honda and Toyota. From a small startup in 2003 Tesla is now worth more than Ford and GM combined. Excitingly there are also Australian manufacturers who are entering the market to produce electric vehicles.
The Benefits of Electric Vehicles
- less greenhouse gas emissions even when using coal-generated electricity.
- saving about $1300 per year on fuel costs and about $300 on annual maintenance costs.
- Less air pollution
- break our dependence on foreign oil
Making the Shift to Electric Vehicles
SHASA/MESA is offering a new product the EO MiniPro Smart EV Charge point.
- Charging Speed: 7kW Single Phase 32Amp (40km of driving per hour of charge)
- Plug Types Universal socket, Type 1 or Type 2 Tethered (Model dependent)
- Solar Charging to maximise clean energy consumption
- Dimensions 175mm x 125mm x 95mm
- Indoor and Outdoor Rated [IP66]
- Integrated DC Fault detection
- Overload integrated protection
- Free Smart Phone APP
- Energy Metering & EV Tariff Integration
- Warranty – 3 Year replacement.
- 1 Solar CT, 20m of RS485 Data Cable included for installation
- Requires a Wi-fi connection or ethernet.
- Meets Australian Standards [AS3000]
Compatible with all Type 2 electric vehicles and models including but not limited to: Audi, BMW, BYD, EQC, Holden, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar, Kia, Mazda, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Nissan 2019 +, Polestar, Renault, Rivian, TESLA, Toyota, Volkswagen, Volvo.
Supplied, installed, and fully commissioned to turnkey status; free site appraisal and fixed quotation available on request. Please contact MESA on 0410 790 616 for further information.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
To support the transition to electric vehicles the NRMA has installed electric fast-charging stations in Berry, Bateman’s Bay (behind the Visitors Centre) and Bega. Further installations are being planned.
is Electric Vehicles Canberra’s local Eurobodalla / South Coast agent for Sales and Installation services, phone 0410 790 616. MESA have an electric vehicle charging point located at the front of their business in Bodalla. They are inviting anyone to present a receipt from a Bodalla business to then be able to plug in and charge free!