There are a number of initiatives to increase the production and supply of fresh food and meals for those most in need in our community.
Free Healthy Meals
- The Anglican Church’s Red Door Cafe (Page St, Moruya) is currently providing 30 sit down and take away meals every Tuesday from 12 noon to 1.30pm.
- Monty’s Place, Uniting Church Hall, next to the water tower in Narooma provide 120 take away meals every Wednesday from 12 noon to 1.30 pm.
- South Coast Community Kitchen is providing 30 take away meals to those in need on Fridays. Contact Sarah O’Riley through their Facebook page
- SHASA with a Foundation for Rural, Regional and Renewal grant, installed 2 rainwater tanks, plumbing and an orchard at the Anglican Parish, Moruya.
- Over 100 water/energy efficient shower heads were distributed at SHASA market stalls. Let us know if you would like one too via the contact tab above.
- SHASA in partnership with SAGE have run Veggie for All workshops and installed 200 veggie beds across the Eurobodalla with generous funding from the IMB Community Foundation. The 2020 program is still waiting for confirmation of grant funding.
Get involved – Opportunities
Doug Brown has a low emission mower for sale as of April 2021.
Good for a small lawn that provides a healthy workout at the same time.
Working partner opportunity at The Plot Bodalla?
has an established and productive market garden with retail outlets in place. They are looking to increase reliable production for the community and are seeking manual input from a working partner. The Plot can offer a profit share arrangement on produce sales that may suit an established business looking to expand, a community organisation looking to grow & educate or an individual/s looking for a start.
Good highway access, rent-free, fenced, irrigated, heaps of space and comprehensive infrastructure including potting table, equipment & cold storage in place. Just add labour! Enquiries to email@example.com
Want to Grow your own vegetables in a community garden setting?
You are welcome to grow your own vegetables at the Moruya Community Garden, Anglican Parish, behind the Red Door Cafe. The garden consists of 14 wicking beds. If interested, please contact Kathryn Maxwell on 0467 558645.