Traditional service approaches and delivery by Local, State and Federal Government are often not delivering the best outcomes.
An alternative process that has a strong focus on community-centred engagement has been proven to provide significant benefits for all stakeholders.
SHASA believes that the Eurobodalla Shire and the wider region can benefit from a deliberate and targeted community engagement approach. These include:
- A community that is involved in making decisions for its own future
- A better connected better-represented community
- Capacity for the community to better understand and solve its own problems and challenges
- A community that can make better decisions on resourcing issues, especially where limited funds are available
- Promotion and support for community leadership
SHASA has partnered with A Better Eurobodalla to assist in providing a community forum advocating for Eurobodalla ratepayers and residents.